Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge

I have chosen to take part in The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge, it just sounds so cosy and again my husband within a minute gave me loads of suggestions. This time he just brought his Kindle out which already had a folder called Christmas Tales containing 18 Christmas books / tales.

I have chosen the level of Christmas Tree to read 5 or 6 books and I have also chosen the additional level of Fa La La La Films to watch a bunch of Christmas films.

My list of books (or list of suggested books)
  1. The Christmas Books by William M. Thackery
  2. Twas the Night before Christmas by Clement C: Moore
  3. Christmas Tales and Christmas Verse by Eugene Field
  4. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  5. A Christmas Greeting: A Series of Stories by Hans Christian Andersen
  6. Old Christmas by Washington Irving
  7. Christmas Eve by Robert Browning
These are all quite old Christmas books so I think I will take a look at the list of new Christmas books as well. We will see.

My list of films (I will only mention a few as I have a huge list on the to watch list)
  1. Jack Frost
  2. The Littlest light on the Christmas tree
  3. Christmas shoes
  4. A Christmas Carol: several different versions
  5. Polar Express
  6. It is a Wonderful Life ( I need to watch this every year)
I am so looking forward to this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, Just dropping by to say hello to some of the other bloggers participating in the Christmas Spirit Challenge. A great collection of books, I love Twas The Night Before Christmas and will probably be reviewing it myself. Nice to have met you, I've enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO late stopping by to welcome you to the challenge. I hope you're enjoying it so far. You have a great list compiled there. =O)

    Happy Christmas Reading!

    ReplyDelete