Monday, January 30, 2012

A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon 2012 Wrap up Post

It is Sunday evening and I am soon on my way to bed. I have really enjoyed this week of A Winter's Respite Respite Read-a-Thon 2012.

My goal of this week was to read at least 6 books and I passed that goal as I ended up finishing 7 books.

This is the list:
  1. Hidden by Kelley Armstrong. 200 pages - paranormal novella
  2. Trader by Charles de Lint. 356 pages - fantasy 
  3. LightMasters: Number 13 by MG Wells. 196 pages- sci-fi, fantasy
  4. Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. 388 pages - sad romance 
  5. Sojourn by Jana Oliver. 369 pages - fantasy
  6. Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. 274 pages - fantasy
  7. The Penal Colony by Richard Heyley. 311 pages - sci-fi I think
All in all approximately 2000 pages this week. Not at all bad going.

Of all the books I had really looked forward to, Hidden by Kelley Armstrong, one of my favourite  authors, did not disappoint. I know some of Charles de Lints other books and will buy more of his books. Jana Oliver was not completely new either as I have read the first 2 books in her Demon Trapper series and I have already bought the next 2 books that follow Sojourn.
The last 4 authors I had not read before. I will most likely try to find more books by both David Eddings, Richard Herley and Nicholas Sparks. I am not sure about M.G. Wells unless they are free.

I also won a prize during this Read-a-Thon:


The Wandering Valkyr by Dan Wright











I am looking forward to reading this book.

Thank you Michelle from thetruebookaddict for hosting this Read-aThon. I am already looking forward to your next one

HERE are all the posts for this Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jane, you did great! I think you're one of the front runners for books read. Very impressive! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to you joining me again in the Spring. Congrats again on winning the book. I hope you enjoy it when you receive it!

    ReplyDelete