Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Merrick by Anne Rice

Anne Rice's richly told new novel for the first time weaves together two irresistible worlds - the witches' world and the vampires' world - in a dance of seduction, death and rebirth.
Lestat's mesmerizing friend Louis de Pointe du Lac is tortured by the memory of the child vampire Claudia, whom he loved and lost. With the help of David Talbot, vampire and ultimate fixer from the secret Talamasca organization, Louis appeals to Merrick, the beautiful, mixed-race, illegitimate daughter of the New Orleans Mayfair clan. Merrick must use her black witchcraft to call up the ghost of Claudia - however dangerous this may be - and her search takes her close to the edge, through blood and terror, voodoo and violence.
Sweeping from New Orleans to the Guatemalan jungle, this is vampire literature at its most hypnotic, exotic and splendid.
From Goodreads.




This book is number 7 in the Vampire Chronicles. This is a re-read for me, I think I read it the first time 8 years ago. This book is about Merrick who is a Mayfair witch with quite some power. This book is not part of the Mayfair Witches series, they are just mentioned as another part of her family. this book is about Merrick and vampires. I enjoyed it and I read it quite quickly as I wanted to know what was going to happen, I couldn't quite remember from my last read.
I am at the moment reading a book here and there but for new readers of this series I would recommend starting at the beginning as there are a lot of things mentioned in this book that are from earlier books.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge
Serious Readers 2013
Tower Teams Read 2013-2
2013 Sequel Reading Challenge
2013 Anne Rice Challenge
2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge (witch)
2013 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge 

No comments:

Post a Comment