Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek God. I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher. That's when things started really going wrong. Now I spend my time fighting with swords, battling monsters with my friends, and generally trying to stay alive.
This is the one where Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks I've stolen his lightning bolt - and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea.
Can Percy find the lightning bolt before a fully-fledged war of the Gods erupts?
From Goodreads.





A very nice quick read. It is also fun to read about the Greek Gods and their fights with each other. In this book Percy finds out he is the son of a Greek God. Percy is a likeable hero managing a lot with the help of his friends. I will definitely read more in this series.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge
Serious Readers 2013
Tower Teams Read 2013-2
2013 Ebook Challenge
2013 Mythology Challenge
2013 1st In A Series Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment