Saturday, September 28, 2013

Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey

With language as colorful as a Canyonlands sunset and a perspective as pointed as a prickly pear, Cactus Ed captures the heat, mystery, and surprising bounty of desert life. Desert Solitaire is a meditation on the stark landscapes of the red-rock West, a passionate vote for wilderness, and a howling lament for the commercialization of the American outback. From Goodreads.





This was not a book for me. I was bored, basically I fell asleep every time I tried to read this book in the evening and when I like a book I can read far into the night. I felt he was just waffling and filled several pages with names of flowers and mountains.
If you want an interesting desert book do not read this book, read something by Michael Asher instead.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge
Serious Readers 2013
Tower Teams Read 2013-2
2013 Ebook Challenge
Author Alphabet Reading Challenge
Setting Alphabet Reading Challenge
September 2013 Takeover Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment