Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Weirdstone Of Brisingamen by Alan Garner

Neither Susan nor her brother, Colin, ever thought that war would be waged over a simple gemstone in her bracelet. But that's what happens when the children visit Alderley Edge, a spooky place in a remote part of England. There, they meet the wizard Cadellin, who needs the stone to rouse his allies in the never-ending battle between good and evil. But when the stone vanishes, Susan and Colin must find it before the forces of evil use it to destroy all the goodness that ever existed in the world. From Goodreads.





I really enjoyed this fantasy book. My husband has wanted me to read it for a while and now it was published in Kindle we got it right away.
I have just visited The Wizard Inn and walked to Alderley Edge this summer which makes it an even better read as I can see the real forest and the edge in my mind as the children are exploring it. I am going to continue reading this series.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge
Serious Readers 2013
Tower Teams Read 2013-2
2013 Ebook Challenge
2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge (wizard)
Author Alphabet Reading Challenge
September 2013 Takeover Challenge
A Book A Day Keeps the Boredom at Bay Reading Challenge
2013 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge
Ten Book Author Train Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment