Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sleeping Solo: One Woman's Journey Into Life After Marriage by Audrey Faye

On December 2, 2013, my marriage of twelve years exploded. It left little bits of brain and heart matter all over the walls, and the certain, irrevocable knowledge that my life had just radically changed shape forever.
I'd been unceremoniously dumped out onto the road of a new journey.
I expected it to be dusty and hard and short on food and water, a gut-wrenching endurance test that would take a long time to wind its way to ease and peace and a modicum of happiness.
That's not what happened at all.
There have been hard days and dusty ones, and I do my best, in this missive from the road, to speak the truth of those moments. But the words clamoring at my door weren't the dusty ones - they were the ones full of surprised pride in the journey that has actually happened instead. The ones full of abundance and purpose and happiness and the wild, bubbling need to dance.
Yeah. Not what I expected from my post-marriage apocalypse either.
Welcome to Sleeping Solo, my anthem song from the road. It's 17,000 words, or about 60 pages, and every one of them comes straight from my heart.
From Goodreads.

This was okay but no more than that but it was probably an important book for this author to write. The reason I read this book is that this is the same author as Debora Geary who has written "A Modern Witch" which is one of my favourite series.
I hope that she at some point in the future will return as Debora Geary but unfortunately that will most likely not happen.

This book qualifies for:
2014 Ebook challenge
You Read How Many Books? Reading Challenge 2014
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2014
Dewey's Read-a-Thon October 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment