Sunday, May 10, 2015

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

I have two weeks. You'll shoot me at the end no matter what I do.
11th October 1943: A British spy plane crashes in Nazi-occupied France. Its pilot and passenger are best friends. One of the girls has a shot at survival. The other has lost the game before it's barely begun.
Devastating, shocking, compelling and inspiring - once read, never forgotten.
From Goodreads.






This was very good. Maddie and Julie are very different but they are brought together by the war and become best friends. This book does not end well and I was crying my way through the end of it. I am pleased it didn't end well as that was the way things was in the war. The whole way through you are not in doubt about who is going to die but when it happens it is still shocking. I will at some point read the next book but I am not ready for that just now.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015
I love Library books 2015
Romance Readers Reading Challenges: Pass The Parcel
Novel Books & Reading Challenges Wheel-A-Thon II
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: May Challenges
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: I Solemnly Swear
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: The Game of Life
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: The Pensieve
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: School's Out, Well...Almost
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: MARCHing Through Time
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Diagon Alley Supply List
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: I Like Big Books Bonus Club
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Pick One For Me
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Dragon Nursery
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Backpacking Around The Globe
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: The Amazing Book Race
Novel Books & Reading Challenges - Baby Got Book

No comments:

Post a Comment