Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 I Love Libraries Reading Challenge - Sign Up

I Love Library Books Reading Challenge 2016 hosted by Bea's Book Nook.

Now on Goodreads instead.

I have taken part in this challenge the last two years while it has been hosted by Gina @ Book Dragon's Lair She has decided not to host it any more but luckily Bea's Book Nook has taken over.
Where I live we have a brilliant library and it has been named the best library in Denmark in 2015. They have a lot of activities going on among the more weird ones was the the cycle race that went through the library! Also at one point they had a couple of exercise bikes connected to a charger. People could then pay their fines by cycling! Varde Bibliotek.

My main use for the library is just to pick up the books I have ordered from home. Denmark is a small country and all libraries are connected so that I can look for a book and even though my local library hasn't got the book, if it is in the Danish library system, I can order it and it will come to my local library where I can pick it up.

The last two years I have read 50 books from the library but this year I might have a period where I can't use the library so I will join at Young adult - 24 books.

I Love Libraries was formerly hosted by Book Dragon's Lair. She's cutting back her challenge hosting for 2016 and passed the baton to me. This challenge is one of several library challenges I've done since started my blog so I'm delighted to be hosting.
It's no secret that I love my library and it's been a tremendous resource for me over the years, and not just for books. For this challenge, use your library to check out reading material - books, magazines, any sort of reading material that you are allowed to check out, physical or digital. The challenge runs January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.

The details:
  1. Put a sign up post on your blog and link it below.
  2. If you don't have a blog, make a dedicated goodreads shelf (or LibraryThing), make sure it's public, and link it below. 
  3. Any reading material that can be checked out of your library counts - print books, audio books, digital books, magazines, etc. 
  4. As part of your sign up post, briefly write why you like using your library - free books, internet access, a quiet place to work, whatever draws you to the library. If you don't have a blog platform, post it in the comments below.
  5. Write a review - 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences. Not sure what to write? How about something like, "The characters were a delight but the story was slow and confusing. It was disappointing." 
  6. There will be a post each month where you can link your reviews. Each linky will run for the calendar year.
  7. Pick a level from the list below. You can move up as needed but you can't move down.
  8. Books may overlap with other reading challenges.
  9. ETA Dec. 17: There's a goodreads group for anyone interested in discussing libraries or books or for tracking your challenge. The group was an outgrowth of yet another library reading challenge that has since ended but the group is still active. The challenge host, The Geeky Blogger, added me as a mod to the goodreads group, come check us out!
Levels:

  • board book - 3
  • picture book - 6
  • early reader - 9
  • chapter book - 12
  • middle grades - 18
  • Young adult - 24
  • adult - 36
  • just insert IV - 50

List of books:

No comments:

Post a Comment