Friday, January 1, 2016

Clocks, Cogs and Mechanisms Reading Challenge 2016 - Sign Up

Clocks, Cogs and Mechanisms Reading Challenge 2016 hosted by Writing Our Fairy Tale.

I read a few steampunk books and my husband is a steampunk author so this is definitely a challenge for me. I will start on the level Flight goggles: 4-6 books but might move up if I read more.

This challenge is now being updated on Goodreads.

This challenge was created back in 2012 for all the lovers of steampunk fiction that couldn’t find a reading challenge to match.  After missing a year, I brought it back for 2015.  The year didn’t go as planned for me and I didn’t do check-ins or or follow up posts on my blog, my goal is to do a lot better this  year.  Thank you for everyone who participated in 2015, I really hope you enjoyed reading Steampunk as much as I do.

Steampunk in case you did not know is an up and coming genre of fiction that takes place in older time periods, typically Victorian and involves lots of steam-powered technology. If you want some more information about steampunk follow the link for more information: Steampunk 

This challenge runs from January 1st – December 31st.  Sign up ends September 30th, 2016.


What do I let count as steampunk?
You can count books like “The Time Machine” by H.G. Wells and other books that are considered precursors to steampunk, I have no problem with you counting graphic novels like Full Metal Alchemist.


They do not have to be on a paper to count, your ebooks count as well.
You can also count these books towards other challenges.


Brass Gears: Read 1-3 steampunk books
Flight goggles: 4-6 books
Button-up boots: 7-12 books
Clockwork Corset: 13+ books


List of books:

No comments:

Post a Comment