Friday, January 1, 2016

Color Coded Reading Challenge 2016 - Sign Up

Color Coded Reading Challenge 2016 hosted by My Reader's Block.

I took part in this challenge in 2014 and after a break I am ready to take part again. It is also slightly different this year as the colour is either the cover or in the title.

The Color Coded Challenge seems to be as popular as ever, so we're going to give it another go. Once again the categories will be more open--the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For "implies color" the image implying color should dominate the cover--for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter.  Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2016. 

I must tell you that I won't be participating myself this year. I'm trying to put myself on a challenge "diet" and cutting down on challenges that I don't have books on hand to use for completion. I prefer to do the "color in the title" option and I seem to have run out of "yellows" and "browns." (I've looked over my TBR list--and I'm going to be able to do the colors after all!) My financial situation has also made it necessary to cut down on the prizes I offer for challenges I host. There will not be a prize offered for this particular challenge this year.

Here are the rules:

*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.

2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.

4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.

6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.

8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).


* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2016 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 1, 2016.
 
List of books:

No comments:

Post a Comment